“God’s Love is Everywhere!”
July 27th-31st via Youtube + Zoom
Welcome! Virtual Vacation Bible School
Welcome back to another year of Vacation Bible School!
We are so excited to welcome you back to our very first VIRTUAL Vacation Bible School: God’s Love is Everywhere! Although times are different right now, we are so happy that God is allowing us to still gather together virtually for this special time. We cannot wait for you all to grab your luggage and passport as we travel around the world! Our voyage will begin on July 27th with a safe landing home on July 31st.
With your luggage and passport in hand, look for digital presentations every morning at 9 am (but if you have a layover, feel free to watch it at any time) via YouTube, Facebook, our Website, or our social media pages! Follow the daily videos to partake in the voyage and use the items in your suitcase to help you along the way!
You can’t travel without your passport! Use your VBS Passport and complete all of the pages. When your passport is complete, post it on Instagram or Facebook (tag us) and bring them to First Love Calvary Chapel Whittier on any Sunday or Wednesday to receive a special prize!
Zoom Room Information
We know you might get homesick overseas, so we want you to be able to talk to the other children all over the world via Zoom! On Zoom, you can chat, play games, and do activities with the airline captains and other travelers. The Meeting ID and passport is located on the itinerary in your VBS Luggage Kit. Each session is no more than 30 minutes long. Here are the times you can tune in daily:
- Preschool: N/A
- K-1st Grade: 10:00am
- 2nd-3rd Grade: 10:45am
- 4th-5th Grade: 11:30pm
- Jr. High: 12:15pm
Please try to rename yourself before you log into the Zoom call. If you have any questions, please email our team. We’ll see you there!
Virtual Vacation Bible School Information
We know times are a tad different right now, but we are firm believers that God is still moving and in the midst of everything! Here are a couple of things to keep in mind with our alternative VBS 2020:
- You and your child(ren) will pick up a VBS Luggage Kit July 23rd or July 24th from 10am-1pm for their VBS materials.
- Everyday in the morning, the VBS day-specific 90 minute video will be released on all of our social media platforms and Youtube Channel (more information in the VBS Luggage Kit)
- We will be holding Zoom rooms per grade group during specific times where children are able to hop on, do some activities, talk about the lesson, and have fun under the guidance of their group leader(s).
- ALL of our communication will be done online so we would love for you to connect with us via our Children’s Ministry Instagram (@FirstLoveCM) with the hashtag #GodsLoveIsEverywhere! or website (ccwhittier.org/vbs). There might even be some special prizes for posting with us!
- We would still love to celebrate and have fun all together in a “Family Night” setting. Information on this will be announced as we continue to follow and hear state and county guidelines concerning COVID-19.